A business needs a logo professionally designed, by a trained designer with experience, for several reasons.
A truly GREAT logo will:
1. Describe the brand/company very simply, by graphical means (this is the part that requires the most expertise)
2. Be memorable
3. Be appropriate with letters and imagery
4. Be effective even if it’s black and white
5. Be effective no matter the size (if it’s one inch or one foot long)
A company seeking a logo should find a designer that:
1. Is a great designer with an impressive portfolio (true perception: what looks good, IS GOOD)
2. Has a HIGH attention to detail. The tiniest details and subtlety make great logos (and designs).
3. Has excellent customer service: giving you what you want, when and how you want it.
4. Is trustworthy. A great designer will give you satisfaction no matter what, not just work based on their time sheet. Also, they’ve been there before, they’ve done several logos, they know the process and they can help guide you in what to expect, and most of all – what your brand NEEDS.
5. Knows and understands that brand identity is relevant to the present AND FUTURE.